Friday 21 December 2012

Outdoor Photographer

Outdoor Photographer

It was the dawn of interplanetary exploration; Mariner 4 was on its way to Mars. That's when the Muse of Photography grabbed me hard.... It was Summer, and I had set for myself the goal of purchasing a quality 35mm camera by the end of harvest season. Long days of picking pears in the hot Southern Oregon sun financed my first SLR, an all-metal. That purchase changed my Life.For many years, I roamed the mountains and deserts of Oregon and adjacent States shooting Kodachrome slides. It was an archival choice of film that still helps stock my portfolio as the new millenium begins; indeed, several of the images utilized within my website were shot back in the Sixties and Seventies and have made the transition beautifully into the Digital Age. Below is an image captured during that first year that I had a good camera. I still easily remember this November climb of Mt. McLoughlin in Southern Oregon-- it's November 30, 1966, we're at nearly 9,000 feet, the winds are brutal, but my Lionel Terray down parka is cozy, and the adventure quotient is sky high.

Outdoor Photographer

Outdoor Photographer

Outdoor Photographer

Outdoor Photographer

Outdoor Photographer

Outdoor Photographer

Outdoor Photographer

Outdoor Photographer

Outdoor Photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment